Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues still remain after spyware removal, runas command on any exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shevavironxx

shevavironxx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

HI All,

I am looking for some assistance or pointing in the right directions, I am trying to finish off removal of some spyware off my wife's computer.

The PC has Malwarebytes and Free AVG installed as default but off the top of my head I cant remember which program it was that I removed, it was one of the fake Antivirus/Malware scanners though I am certain of that and I followed the relevent guide off this site for removal.

I used My fav program Malwarebytes in Safemode and used rkill and process explorer and it come back as clean. I also used a program called hxxp://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/09/06/re-enable-brings-back-run-task-manager-regedit-cmd-folder-options-and-system-restore/ which i have found helpful in the last few weeks on maybe 15 out 25 spyware removals on company laptops.

Now every time any EXE is launched it brings up the Run As command box and asks if I want to run it as the local account (Zoton) or Administrator but both accounts are local admins. I ran a Microsoft default security FixIT.exe to reset security permissions back to default and also swept the system with SDFix and still the issue persists.

I cant think where else to look to try and resolve the issue, it is rather frustrating, can anyone suggest any possible fix's or reg keys?

Cheers

Shevavironxx

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 February 2010 - 05:10 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shevavironxx

shevavironxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

Has anyone got any suggestions at all please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users