Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help paypal wont load

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 eggybread

eggybread

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

I was infected with the 'security center' virus which I got rid of but since then paypal homepage wont load, I cant log in! Also there are a couple other sites that just wont load.

Any suggestions on what might be going on and how I can access my paypal please????? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eggybread

eggybread
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

anyone????

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hello,let's see what nmay still be left.
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

alternate download link

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 eggybread

eggybread
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3669
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

04/02/2010 14:46:59
mbam-log-2010-02-04 (14-46-59).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 171949
Time elapsed: 25 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I have added the log :thumbsup:

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,166 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hello, run this and try Paypal.. If still no joy.. It may be the malware corrupted the app and needs a reinstall.
Next run ATF:
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 eggybread

eggybread
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

Thanks I have done that and paypal still not loading, next step please...thanks for your help

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,166 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

You reinstalled the Paypal?
Are allow cookies disabled? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...r-allow-cookies

Though this is not really my area and you may want to repost in Web Browsers forum.
It may be an issue with "Add-ons" to your browser.
Try using Internet Explorers (No Add-ons) mode.

Click Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If your browser appears to be working properly in Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode, continue with the following steps to help identify which add-on may be causing the problems.

To find the specific browser add-on that is contributing to the issue, you can use IE's Manage Add-ons feature to pick specific add-ons to disable:
Click Tools >> Internet Options.
Click the Programs tab, then Manage add-ons
Note: The Manage Add-ons option under Tools is disabled in No Add-ons mode so you must go to Internet Options, Programs, Manage add-ons to manually enable/disable add-ons.

Select an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable
Click OK, OK again, OK again and then close IE.

Restart IE to see if your problem is resolved.
If it is, you should uninstall the specific add-on via Control Panel.. Add/Remove Programs or the applications own uninstaller.

#8 eggybread

eggybread
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hmmm which add ons do I need to enable/disable???

So far its still not working, well the paypal homepage comes up but none of the tabs take me into the site

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,166 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

This is trial and error.. either disable one by one or write them all down then disable them all and see if it works and put them back one by one. This is not a malware issue and this is all I can recommend.

#10 eggybread

eggybread
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for your help, I have disabled all the add ons and it still wont load, I have no idea what to do now :thumbsup:

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,166 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

Eggy, I don't know either now. it isn't a malware issue.. Try asking in the XP or All other Apps see if some one has an idea. Maybe someone has had this too.

#12 eggybread

eggybread
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users