Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Install on HP laptop ...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cobyk

cobyk

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

hello everyone,

i received a laptop to repair and it was built for vista. my friend didn't have the recovery disk so i used my xp disk and got it up and running. everything was fine except that there were no xp drivers for the video card. so then, i ordered the vista recovery disk from hp and reformatted and reinstalled vista. now it seems the install went fine but when i boot up i get to a blank screen with my mouse icon and that is it. i'm able to move the mouse but nothing else is visible or availible. any ideas on what might be causing this ??? graphics card ?? failed install ??

thanks

coby

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

Did you try Safe Mode?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:49 PM

Also, when you ordered the re-install disk, did you order the driver disk too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users