Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

user accounts in xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eatxc07

eatxc07

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hi all.........Having trouble sharing word between user accounts...Works fine on my administrator account but when my kids try to open it through their accounts it just comes up with a windows installer dialogue box then trys to install word again....I have put word into the shared folder so you can see word in their accounts but just wont open...Any ideas anyone thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tarnlad

tarnlad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hi,

This is a very common problem with restricted accounts .. the very fast and simple solution is to log on as Administrator
Open User's from control panel and elevate each account to administrator.

Log Off and log on to each account to allow the MSO installer to configure MSO then when all accounts have installed just simply log back on as administrator and return the account to restricted.

There are other methods but this will do the trick in no time .

Cheers

#3 eatxc07

eatxc07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

Thanx for the info.....I think i understand and will give it a go!

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

You can use control passwords2 via command prompt to elevate them to power users.

#5 eatxc07

eatxc07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:15 PM

Hi Tarnlad......Changed their accounts to admin and installed mso but when i go back to their accounts to open word windows installer starts again but then mso goes through the congig process again then after a couple of mins word is there...Surely you should just be able to open word as normal ..Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users