Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

acr_depnx_error.htm VISTA Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mccull61

mccull61

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi, I'm a bookkeeper, working on a client's Dell PC, with 3 GB of RAM and a 32 bit operating system. VISTA Home Premium. Not sure what other info might be helpful up front, but pls. let me know if more details on system and hardware would help. My client is running Norton Internet Security, "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.8.0.41\uiStub.exe".

When using IE, closing out of a screen by clicking on the red "x" results in error messages; "Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer". When clicking on the "Close program" box that pops up, the same error message about closing to protect the computer comes up again. Tried using task manager to "end task" and get the same errors. Only after many attempts to close can we actually get a screen to close...sometimes have to shut down from task manager. Very annoying and time consuming, but doesn't interfere with opening any other internet sites, just closing down.

Could you please tell me the best next steps to check for malware/viruses or anything else that might be causing this?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

See, if same thing happens in Safe Mode with Networking.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 mccull61

mccull61
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the suggestion....I'll be at his office again on Wed. 2/10, so I'll try safe mode then....

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

OK :huh:

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

Sounds to me like your clients PC is infected.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

Could be...

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users