Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just a word...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:31 PM

I don't think it is remiss if I say a little something here :cool:

Yes Cows.. I was an HjT trainee, but no more. It turned out that it was way so much harder than I imagined. I had no idea really how much information and work and patience it takes to analyze all those logs. I really wanted to learn it and help. I just couldn't keep up with all that reading. Phew!! :inlove: lol Well, it was very difficult for me.

Pandy...once an HJT Trainee, always a student of the problem-solving, eh? I'm so glad we keep on learnin' from day to day. Like Papkid's sig says: We're ALL ignorant one way or another. Keep the home fires burnin'. Learn at your pace. The lessons stick thatta way.

Sgt. Phawgg, thanks for those kind words. I'll do my best with the home fires. And yes... Papakid has some very sage advice in his sig there. Truly. TYTY

I'd also like to say...To Papakid, Grinler, Groovicus, Phawgg.... ah too many to name here. Just everyone. It is a very grand thing you are doing with the HijackThis and all the other help you all give here at BC. I've learned a new appreciation for the whole process. So I'd just like to say... Hats off to all of you white hat guys. :thumbsup: :trumpet:

Sincerely :flowers:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:42 PM

Pandy, I'm thinking you continue to learn, and some days we'll all be better off hearin' from, you what it is you've got to say. My bet is that you be knowin' more about a O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D714A94F-123A-45CC-8F03-040BCAF82AD6} - C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\SbCIe028.dll than countless millions of other users already. :thumbsup: Take it easy.
Thanks for sharin'. :flowers:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:24 AM

All I have to say is that you are a brave girl for attempting to even begin to understand HJT Logs. And all of this by no means takes away from the fact that you are indeed an intelligent person. Kind and thoughtful too! :thumbsup: Im sure I can speak for all of us, that we are so very glad to have gotten to know you.
Posted Image

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:27 AM

Aww Shucks Scarlett... Thanks so much. Thank-you phawgg. It's all good. Today finds me relieved I do not have to readreadread. LOL :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

Pandy,
We sure hope you are not at all feeling down about 'calling it a day' with those HJT logs. I think we all owe you and the others a big 'thank you' and we all applaud you. I can't imagine trying to do what you did. Kudos to you and the HJT team.
You are really smart and I second Scarlett's emotions!
Stick around, we will always need ya! :flowers:

~67~

P.S. By the way, Phawgg's right - I have NO EARTHLY idea what that BHO is about!
:thumbsup:

#6 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:23 AM

Nah~ I'm fine TexasAngel67. It was something I wanted to try. I'm glad I tried, but I'm also glad to leave it to the ones who are the experts. Thanks for your reply. :thumbsup:

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:29 PM

you are indeed an intelligent person" and I say the same. I am doing my best to do HJT too I want to learn it will help me in my job. Im thinking of going into pcs.....Or the such...It is hard but you should keep trying you dont have to give up because your not on the team. Look at me im not on the team yet and I havent given up. Im still reading and learning. Its true we all can do things that only we can do. Like some people will never be able to do the things I can do. Its just that way were all good at something! Just keep trying on and off take it slow. Ive been learning since I joined so its taking some time. If you ever try again take it slow......
CGM3

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:33 PM

Thanks Cows,
That is a bit funny because I did realize that I could still study if I wanted to. I don't know. If I do I need to go at my own pace. Thanks for your thoughts there... more food for my thoughts. LOL

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:24 AM

Pandy,

Each person is unique in their own way :thumbsup: Dont feel like oyu let down anyone for not continue with the trainee program...

A matter of fact...can i leave the program also? Please..beg...pretty please...

Seriously though, dont think for a second you are not a HUGE asset to this site.

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:38 AM

Aww Sheesh Grinler :flowers:
What you say there, Wow... I am... well ALMOST speechless. LOL Thanks Grinler. You do make me feel soo much better. I appreciate that down to my toes. I really do.
Truly. Oh TYTYTY!! So much. You just made my day. :cool:

To answer your question.. you are the admin.. I guess you can do what you like. You da Boss LOL :trumpet:

:thumbsup: :inlove:

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#11 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:28 PM

To repeat someone's quote, that I admire:

"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."

I interpret it as 'you are better off trying, then not trying at all...'
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#12 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:16 PM

:inlove: Ha! See now JE? Now I am speechless. :cool: WOW! Thanks sincerely. :trumpet:
:thumbsup: :) :flowers:

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 06:56 PM

If you decide to do it again I got a make it easy tool for you and all the HJT members! Including me of course. I sent it to grinler its on the resources page I think but if grinler doesnt mind Ill post it somewhere in a forum? Where grinler so everyone can find out about it? Its really very helpful!
Ill be around....
CGM3

#14 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:23 PM

Post in the general security section

#15 cowsgonemadd3