Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Playback Problem...please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sere83

sere83

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hi there,

I recently installed windows 7. Anyway everything was running very well and all video was very smooth. However....I installed a new driver for my graphics card and also used a reg key to force enable gpu acceleration in photoshop cs4 as this was apparently necessary. I followed these instructions except i clicked on all the reg keys >>.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=387030

These things may have nothing to do with my flash problem just though id mention them.

Anyway...now my flash video in my web browsers is a bit jerky. Everything still plays with no problem and is ok when videos are small but in full screen the jerkiness and frame dropping becomes apparent and my computers fan seems to make a huge noise when i open flash video in any browser (chrome, ff, ie8).

I have a 3.0ghz pentium 4 system with 3gb ram. I used to be able to run 720p video in youtube before smoothly though and now it is very jerky. Video streaming sites like bbc iplayer also can't play normal 640x480 streams full screen as good as i used to be able to. I tried reinstalling flash plugins, but no joy, I also tried disabling 3d acceleration in flash itself which didn't work either.

I also ran system restore which fixed the problem initially but now it has come back despite me actually doling nothing major apart from installing a few winamp skins and a 7z zip file manager.

Any help hugely appreciated.....this is driving me mental!

Edited by sere83, 03 February 2010 - 12:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

Move your mouse pointer over the flash/video content, right-click and choose Settings, uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration" and click on OK. :thumbsup:

Edited by ReviverSoft, 04 February 2010 - 08:22 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users