Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix Removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RuledByReason

RuledByReason

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:14 AM

The uninstall switch for ComboFix (combofix.exe /u) is not working for me. It just runs the app again. Always used to work, seems like after it was pulled down by sUBs for a while is when it no longer worked for me, but I am not sure exactly when. Anyone know what is happening with that?

Edited by RuledByReason, 03 February 2010 - 09:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hello,

To uninstall Combofix type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox.

Please note: ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert." It is NOT for unsupervised use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 RuledByReason

RuledByReason
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

ah ha, that did it, thank you. The /u used to work but I suppose things do change. Have a great day!!

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

Yes, indeed this was changed some time ago.

Good day to you :thumbsup:

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users