Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Monitor Drivers won't install.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:48 AM

My system is Win XP Home Edition SP3 and up to date. I have just bought and installed a new monitor an AOC 2436Pwa. I switched off my PC, plugged in the VGA cable at both ends and attached the power cable. Started PC and I have sound and vision, I inserted the Installation CD that came with the monitor and read through the various instructions. I went to install the driver on the disc and followed the instructions but when I am asked to choose the drive for the disc Windows tells me that there isn't anything there. Even when I browse to the disc drive I get the same result. Windows seems to be using the same plug and play driver as was used for my previous two monitors for this new one. Two questions, is it neccessary/better to install the drivers which came with the monitor instruction disc or and will it have any advantages or should I just leave it as it is?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

I have never had to use a montior driver. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

OK, thanks for the reply.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users