Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 101

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 russelll

russelll

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

Hi, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to access certain websites, I get the following message... Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.
For instance; I can open the National Lottery homepage without any trouble. However, when I try to log in to my account the aforesaid message pops up (eventually). I've de-fragged, cleared the cache and temporary internet files, all to no avail. Hope someone can help...
Russell.

Edited by russelll, 03 February 2010 - 02:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

Russell, more information would be helpful. Which internet browser are you using..IE7, IE8, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc? Are you using more than one? Which operating system are you running...WinXP, WinVista, Win7 or.....???

The error message itself seems to refer back to a problem with Google Chrome and Firefox browsers. Does that ring any bells? This Google search might help you track down an answer.

It probably wouldn't hurt to update and run scans with your security programs, too.

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 russelll

russelll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:15 AM

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for your advice. However, I seem to have solved the problem and the problem was with the router. Netgear DG 834G. In the WAN set up the MTU had for some reason changed itself to 1468, I returned it to the default setting of 1400 and hey presto! All is now well.
Prior to this I'd tried several browsers and all suffered with the same problem so I sort of guessed it was the router.
I'd recently installed 'Tune-Up Utilities 2010' , I'm not 100% sure but it may well have been running this that caused the change, who knows?

Regards,
Russell.

#4 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:11 AM

Glad you solved the problem and replied back. Who knows...you may help someone having the same situation. :-)

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#5 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

maybe try to use a public DNS server like opendns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users