Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSVCR71.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nickerdew

nickerdew

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:41 AM

Whenever any of us (3 accounts on same computer, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005) log on to the internet we first recieve a couple of pop up's that say unloading... we hit cancel (usually twice) and then another screen pops up that says the computer could not fgind MSVCR71.dll and to try reloading to fix this problem.
Otherwise I have not had any problems with the running of the computer from my account, however, my daughter is unable to log out of or just X out of any screens without the computer beeping at her and forcing her to hit cntrl alt delete and then end programs?
I ran mal ware and got rid of that awful antivir 2010 and it has not been back, I also have AVG free edition and it has trojans and such in the vault which I am unsure if I should 'delete' everything or 'remove' everything or just leave it all in the vault and if the virus' in the vaul have anything to do with the missing program.

Sorry, I am not computer literate except to use Google when I need info so if this is not enough information or if I sound ignorant I apologize and will return with any info anyone may need to help me with this problem.

BTW... AWESOME SITE! Saved my computer and my sanity when I was attacked by that nasty antivir 2010!
Those people who send that out should be locked up! It's extortion!
Anyway, thanks ahead of time for al help I have already recieved and any help I may recieve again through this site, great place for great, simple to understand and simple to follow advice!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:27 AM

Welcome to BC.

Sounds to me like you still have some malicious stuff going on. You should probably read and follow instruction for
Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem

The security exeperts here are kept very busy so be patient.

Edited by ratchet48, 03 February 2010 - 07:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users