Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access anything.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stainlesswonder

stainlesswonder

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

I am trying to address a problem on my dad's computer. It's a Sony VAIO model PCV-2252.

I am unable to access any sort of antivirus/antispyware software including MBAM, HJT, Superantispyware, etc. Whenever I click on the file or shortcut, nothing happens.

I'm even unable to open Windows Explorer. I am able to access files via a folder shortcut and go from there. I currently have it disconnected from the internet. I am able to get files onto the machine via CD's.

This computer did have the "Windows Antivirus Pro" malware at one time. It seems to have been eliminated through the help of my brother-in-law.

I am also unable to get the computer to boot into Safe Mode which i'm sure complicates things. I am able to get to the setup screen and select "Safe

Mode". However, upon starting the safe mode sequence, the computer lists various files and then hangs briefly, then reboots into normal mode.

I do have some Sony recovery CD's but I get an error saying that they can't be used with this particular model. From research, this is a common problem

with Sony shipping the wrong recovery cd's with machines.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ezooone

ezooone

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

hai..i'm just trying to help.. :thumbsup:

try to run your computer in safe mode..press "f8" when start the computer..if you can start the computer in safe mode..try to scan your computer right away.. :flowers:

#3 stainlesswonder

stainlesswonder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

You should read the whole post before replying. Unfortunately, now it'll look like my question is being addressed by a bleepingcomputer staff member because there is a reply to my original thread.

#4 stainlesswonder

stainlesswonder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Can anyone help with this issue? I hate to repost but may need to do so to reset the replies to "0".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users