Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

post-Malware Defense problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rgpeters218

rgpeters218

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

So last night I got the pop ups from Malware defense. I did not get tricked by it and follow its directions. I could not acces anti spyware websites, and spybot wouldnt work. After thouroughly looking online (from my pther computer), I noticed my infected computer did not have the bad registry values and such that many manual removal sites said I would have. Following instructions of one site, I ended up having to rename malware bytes installer off a flash drive and install it. Then I had to download another piece of malwarebytes off the internet in order to run it. All this time my computer would randomly freeze, I could move my mouse but nothing would respond and I would need to hard shut down. I could not run the malwarebytes scan entirely through because my computer would freeze until I tried running it in safe mode. It went all the way through, but I did notice that one file was not caught when it had previously been when attempting it not in safe mode. The pop ups stopped after it had sucessfully ran and the files were removed. However, my computer still freezes unless in safe mode. A pop up when restarting had appeared after each restart saying viewpointmgr is not responding and needs to close. I removed viewpoint manager, media player and toolbar from my computer. This ended that pop up. I noticed I still cant go back and restore my computer to before I got infected.

My computer is still freezing after a relatively short period of time unless it is in safe mode. How can I fix this?

Edit: I still cannot access website such as this from that computer. My computer has also begun freezing before starting up. iexplorer.exe also runs with me opening internet explorer. I can only use malwarebytes if I use that file that I had downloaded, it has a strange name, FyxqHUMyc, my guess is so the virus doesnt know to delete it. Also if i start firefox it says it is not my default browser do i want to make it the default. Firefox is normally my default but this changes everytime

Edited by rgpeters218, 02 February 2010 - 09:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users