Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphically moving default localtion of folders in Open/Save dialogs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blair925

Blair925

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

In several programs, including Outlook Express, I would like to be able to move folders in open Save/Open and Insert Picture dialogs (in order to avoid lots of scrolling). Now my folders are (mostly) at "the end of the line," at the right, in the dialog boxes.

(I would like to see the folders appear at or near the left side when I insert an attachment or a picture or try to open a file in these programs.)

I'm guessing I inadvertently changed a setting (a global setting?) . . . because the folders and their icons used to appear "at the top of the line," readily accessed after selecting File>Open or File/Save.

In my attachment, you can see, as shown by the slider at the bottom, that the folders are at the right side of the window.

I have also tried to fix this, looking for the My Places Bar in the open/save dialogs of several apps, without finding it . . . although I didn't look in all apps.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jeremy R

Jeremy R

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Try this free download. There are several such tools aimed to achieve the same goal but this is the best IMHO:

http://download.cnet.com/Truly-Your-Places...4-10933134.html

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

Try opening any folder, got to tools, folder options, restore defaults, and click apply to all folders. That may do the trick.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 Blair925

Blair925
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

Yeah . . . thanks . . . I tried that with no success, even after restarting the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users