Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lilmstrouble

lilmstrouble

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

I am trying to run combofix and it is asking me about CFScript and telling me it appears to be incorrectly spelt. Then combofix quits running.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

There are circumstances ComboFix will hang or stall at various stages due to malware interference, failure to disable any other real-time protection tools and CD Emulators (Daemon Tools, Alchohol 120%, Astroburn, AnyDVD) so that it does not complete successfully. While that is not normal behaviour, it is not unusual.

Please note the message text in blue at the top of the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.

I ran hijackthis checkt it on hijacthis.de,

HijackThis is an advanced enumerator (similar in some respects to a registry editor) that is used to display certain areas of the Windows registry where the majority of malware reside. HijackThis will scan these areas of your system and then create a log to help diagnose the presence of undetected malware in known hiding places. However, since HijackThis only scans certain areas of your system/registry, a hijackthis log may not always show all the malware on your system. Most of the log entries are required to run a computer and removing essential ones can potentially cause serious damage such as loss of Internet connectivity or problems with your operating system which could preventing it from starting. Using HijackThis requires advanced knowledge about the Windows Operating System and relies on trained experts to interpret the log entries and investigate them in order to determine what needs to be fixed.

Online HijackThis analyzers work in a similar manner but rely on the user's ability to interpret the results and determine what needs to be fixed. However, they often provide misleading and/or questionable results. In my experience, they DO NOT always identify all the malware or all the files properly. They sometimes list legitimate files as bad and bad files as legitimate. They sometimes show entries with no file (file missing) as bad when that is not always the case. Although these sites are open to the public, the user needs to know what they are doing and how to research the displayed log entries before using the original HijackThis application to fix anything.

If you do not have advanced knowledge about computers or training in malware investigation, you should NOT rely on the results of online analyzers or attempt to fix anything without consulting an expert. Doing so on your own and using HijackThis incorrectly could adversely impact your system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users