Hello wayne n
Welcome to the BC HijackThis Log and Analysis forum
. I will be assisting you in cleaning up your system.
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options
. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic
. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification
and then clicking on Proceed
you will be advised when we respond the your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
Please keep in mind that we have a large backlog of users just like yourself waiting to be helped so try to be as timely as possible in your replies. Since we do this on a part-time voluntary basis we are limited on how many logs we can respond to and keep open due to time restraints. If you have to be away or can't answer for some other reason just let me know. Thank you for your understanding.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.
I am going to need a rootkit scan in order to better diagnose your problem. If you have any CD emulation software such as Daemon or Alcohol please run DeFogger
prior to running GMER
. If you do not the skip over it and just run GMER
Please download DeFogger
to your desktop
Double click DeFogger
to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers.
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable
which will appear on your desktop.Do not
re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner
to your desktop.
- Double click the exe file.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan.
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply.**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
does not want to run add the following to those that you unchecked and try it again:Note:
Please post the log in the reply window and do not make it an attachment. Do this with all subsequent replies unless I ask otherwise.