Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows xp logs me off as soon as I log in

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stevinix34

stevinix34

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hello, my computer will not allow me to log in at all. As soon as I press the OK to log in, it shows my wallpaper & then logs me out to return back to the same log in screen. I am unable to access the computer from another computer. I do not remember the name I gave the computer and that seems to be the problem there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

Hello, my computer will not allow me to log in at all. As soon as I press the OK to log in, it shows my wallpaper & then logs me out to return back to the same log in screen. I am unable to access the computer from another computer. I do not remember the name I gave the computer and that seems to be the problem there.

There's quite a lot of malware around at the moment that's causing this very problem so you may get more information on the malware Forum Board. First, though, try logging in to Safe Mode by tapping Function 8 as the system starts up and see if the Administrator account wll let you in. At least you can find the computer name and verify the Workgroup but while it's infected, frankly it's best left isolated from the rest of the network. You may need to work on the userinit files to get your Winlogon back to normal but post back if you're able to get in using Safe Mode.

Saga Lout {n} growing old and becoming a little unruly.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

Logon, Logoff Loop - http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fi...onlog-off-loop/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users