Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU usage 50%, process is the default web browser

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 _phlynhi

_phlynhi

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

OS = Windows 7 Ultimate

On system start-up I have to go into Task Manager and kill default browser process (normally FF, but if i change default browser to IE, then that is the issue). Process is starting and then disappearing after a second or 2, using 50% CPU, 2148K memory, controlling system (pops me in and out of my intended window each time the process starts, every few seconds.)

To kill process I have to quickly choose and confirm, else I get an error message that the process can't be stopped. Kill Process Tree doesn't work, has to be kill process.

Other, possible related, oddities:
On system start, i see a quick flash of an info box. lower case "a" in title bar, empty info field.
On System Start, get Info box "Error. Failed to execute target process. Error Code 32."

Downloads of any size cause the system to freeze momentarily, like memory overload. Makes even the smallest DL painfully slow.

MBAM, Windows Defender, BitDefender, online ESET find nothing.

Happy to provide whatever info you need to help me with this.

Thanks very much!

Edited by _phlynhi, 02 February 2010 - 11:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users