Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gas Prices

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:42 PM

Argh... we all hate to think about it. Gas prices. They have got extremely high recently, and heard they are getting higher (because of Katrina). Personally I don't drive much (actually I still got my permit, so I'm not really paying for gas yet), but at the looks of it, I don't think I want to pay for it. Also what is riduclous about gas prices is that its the only product that inflation occurs the fastest too. Listen to this example:

Bread: IF the cost of wheat went up an additional (let's just say $10 for the sake of argument) the bread on the shelf (that was already paid for by the company and everyone else that has to pay for it to be on the shelf) stays the same ($1.20)

HOWEVER

Gas: IF the cost of gas went up an additional $10 the gas that is sitting at the gas station (that was already paid for by the local gas station, even taxes) goes up....

Why? How greedy are coroporations going to get? This corporate greed thing is getting old. I think we should have done something when Gas hit $2.00 I mean if we do find an alternative fuel source, its not going to get popular for another 10 years, because it has be made available. Also what we really need to do is get someone to make an engine that is powered on water and sale that engine to all the car manufactuers. (in fact I've read about this in a Popular Science that someone has created a small rockect engine (something like a miniture rockect set you'd get at the stoe) that is powered on water. I'll try to find a link to the article.

Also (the orginal idea that I stared this topic) please provided the current price of gas in your area.

Currently in my home town in Northeast Ohio gas is $2.72

(also when you name gas prices, you usually go with the lowest number)

Edited by yanowhiz, 30 August 2005 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:47 PM

Ill have to check on the current gas prices, in my area later on.

But have you noticed, when gas prices go up, they rise around 20 cents. And when they fall, it is ony a couple of cents.
:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

Yes! I've heard that the government has always wanted us to pay about $2.00 for gas well I guess that got there wish. :thumbsup:

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:57 PM

The shame of it is that, high gas prices affect other's as well. For instance, when truckers pay more. It causes food prices to rise.
Posted Image

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:58 PM

Yea that is true, but the price of food and other products, don't jump higher and higher until its unreal. Like gas is.

#6 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

southern tucson, AZ... lowest i remember $1.20, highest which was like a week ago, $2.49!!

i hope the LA (not LosAngeles) port reopens soon...

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

Ok This is off-topic. But what is up with that enormous avatar, yano?
It is 240 x 320. Even bigger than the allowed size for sigs.
And how in the heck did it get loaded? There is a size limitation.

Edited by Scarlett, 31 August 2005 - 06:24 AM.

Posted Image

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

Fixed.

Yea I know its rather large. I found it in the database here. I took a printscreen and sent it to Grinler. :thumbsup: Hopefully he can remove it.

Edited by yanowhiz, 30 August 2005 - 10:36 PM.

#9 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:21 PM

Yeah the gas prices are getting outrageous here in Texas.

Posted Image
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:29 PM

I read some info on how to run a car on pure tap water or pond water whatever. They even said water with salt out of the ocean will work great. Im going to try to test it soon on one of my little push mowers gas engine.

To run your car on water is very simple really. Did you know it was done in the 80's by BMW and it was invented or the process anyways before BMW did it in the 80's? I think oil companies want us to think we have to run our cars on compressed hydrogen because they dont loose out.

They can run the stations. But according to what I have read and others have proven and tested years ago you can run your car on normal water.

You can make hydrogen on demand! It does not have to be made and then stored in a tank! You arc aluminum in water and you create on demand hydrogen. I have not tested this but I saw a site where a guy used this process which im talking about to run a 12hp? gas engine off of normal tap water(with added salt) and aluminum.

I hope I can make it work. Just a little project I wanted to try. The gas prices are out-rageous! We depend to much on gas. If we were to run out many would probably die. We need a backup fuel source!

I found this on another site and liked it.

"How many of you out there have heard of alternative engines? Engines that can run on anything from alcohol to garbage and water? Or carburetors that can get hundreds of miles to the gallon? Or electric or magnetic engines that can practically run for ever?

You don't know about them because if they were to come into use, they'd put the oil companies out of business. The concept of the internal combustion engine has been obsolete for fifty years. But because of the oil cartels and corrupt government regulations we, and the rest of the world, have been forced to use gasoline for over one hundred years.

Big business is primarily responsible for destroying the water we drink, the air that we breathe and the food we eat. They have no care for the world they destroy. Only for the money they make in the process. How many oil spills can we endure? Millions and millions of gallons of oil are now destroying the oceans and the many forms of life it supports. Among these is plankton, which supplies 60 to 90 percent of the earth's oxygen, which supports the entire marine eco-system which forms the basis of our planet's food supplies. But the plankton is dying.

I thought well, let's go to some remote state or country, anywhere on earth. But in doing a little research I realized these people brought their toxic waste all over the world. They basically control the legislation, and in fact they control the law. The law says that no company can be fined over $25,000 a day. For a company making $10 million a day by dumping lethal toxic waste into the ocean it's only good business to continue doing this.

They influence the media so that they can control our minds. They make it a crime to speak out for ourselves. And if we do so, we're called conspiracy nuts. We're laughed at. We're all angry because we're all being chemically and genetically damaged, and we don't even realize it. Unfortunately this will affect our children. We go to work each day and right under our noses we see our car and the car in front of us spewing noxious and poisonous gasses that are cumulative poisons. These poisons kill us slowly, even when we see no effect.

How many of us would have believed if we were told twenty years ago that on a certain day we wouldn't be able to see fifty feet in front of us? That we wouldn't be able to take a deep breath because the air would be a mass of poisonous gas? That we wouldn't be able to drink out of our faucets, that we'd have to buy water out of bottles? The most common and God given rights have been taken away from us. Unfortunately the reality of our lives is so grim nobody wants to hear it.

Now I have been asked what we can do. I think we need a responsible body of people that can actually represent us rather than big business. This body of people must not allow the introduction of anything into our environment that is not absolutely biodegradable or able to be chemically neutralized upon production. And finally, as long as there is profit to be made from the polluting our earth, companies and individuals will continue to do what they want. We have to force these companies to operate safely and responsibly, with all our best interests in mind, so that when they don't we can take back our resources and our hearts and our minds to do what's right."

#11 diego88

diego88

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:54 PM

Very interesting cowsgonemadd3!! Let us know how it works!!

Gas was $2.79 around 8 am now it went up to $2.89 at same place. $3.09 nearby. Father-in-law is a gas trucker and the buzz is $4.00 by the end of the week. :thumbsup:

diego88

#12 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:23 PM

Up in michiganthe gas prices have reached around $1.79. I am very glad that I own a car with a pretty high Mpg rating. I love hummers but I would hate to be driving that around.

CORRECTION: I just want out and the price was $3.39!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by frankie12, 31 August 2005 - 02:15 PM.

#13 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

Yea I know I went to school the price of Gas was: $2.69 and on my way home it was back up to $2.73

Also for the heck of it, I checked the cost of disel and this morning it was $2.71 and when on my way home from school it was $3.11 :thumbsup: :flowers:

#14 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:44 PM

WOW Cows, we thought we had it rough! lol
It is staying at $2. 49 around here. Upstate, South Carolina.
My dad is working out of town this month and was going to come home to night, for church. But he heard on the radio that it is going up to $3.00. So he went and filled up. Listen to this! BEFORE HE COULD GET TO THE GAS STATION IT WENT UP TO $3.01!!!! :thumbsup:
That's goes with what yano said. Why make the gas that's sitting in the tank go up!!! our greed government. So we went and got all our both our cars filled with gas and the oil changed. it's still $2.50. But it's suppose to shoot up to $3.00 by tomorrow.
:flowers: What the heck's going on??????
When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

#15 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:47 PM

This morning on my way to work. It was @ $2.69. Now it is up to $2.99.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users