Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jump Drive Not Detected. Help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 See You Next Tuesday

See You Next Tuesday

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

So my friend borrows a jump drive of mine and when i get it back it won't show up on any computer at all. Like i didn't even put it in. Nothing happens, no detection whatsoever.

I've put jump drives through complete hell before and they still worked, what could the problem be? and how could i fix it? if i can fix it.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

What kind of drive is it?

I've had a similar problem with a PNY and I ended up going to their site. They walked me through some stuff to try, and ended up blaming me for formatting it wrong. Even though I never formatted it at that point.

I have another el cheapo drive that I have to jiggle just right to get it to work on my PC, and some computers won't read it at all. It was bought off ebay from China.

Is there information on the drive? Try a different USB port? Try a different computer?

#3 See You Next Tuesday

See You Next Tuesday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

It's a 2gig Sandisk Cruzer.

Before i let my friend use it, it worked on everything, evern Xbox 360 when most others wouldnt.

I've tried it on about 5 different computers now and none of them read it.

#4 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

Strange. Check this out from the Sandisk site. It explains what to do when the computer isn't recognizing the Cruzer drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users