Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antivirus soft- posing as windows security program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ncs67

ncs67

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:26 AM

hello, i found bleepingcomputer searching for a solution to this infection "antivirus soft" a very nasty program that has taken over my computer. it popped up suddenly and kept popping up window after window asking me to scan & saying i had major infections. after finding this site i followed all instructions to remove from this page http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-antivirus-soft. i use firefox instead of explorer so i was able to download & use rkill & then downloaded and ran malwarebytes anti malware all as instructed. and vioala! it was gone.. i was happy. but after restart BOOM it was back. so i started over, followed all instructions with same results, any restart and it's back. i looked in startup under msconfig, looked in add-remove programs, looked in hkeys in regedit ( i'm no pro, got lost in there) can't find anything for antivirus soft. also looked in task manager and found nothing there.

if anyone can please help me from here it would be greatly appreciated. i run win xp pro p4 300 1gig ram & have adaware free version for antivirus (it missed it) thank you in advance for any help

Edited by ncs67, 02 February 2010 - 07:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

You can manually remove it with these instructions.

Follow this link.
http://www.spywareremove.com/removeAntivirusSoft.html
Should work for you. You could also boot into safemode with networking. Install malwarebytes, update and run full scan.

#3 ncs67

ncs67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

ty whiteac2k4. i was able to download and run malwarebytes, it gets rid of antivirus soft until i restart. i can't find any traces of it in processes etc, but am trying again. ty for your responce

#4 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

No problem, I am here to help.

#5 luckyforward

luckyforward

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

I have followed the instructions above to get rid of Antivirus Soft and no matter what I do, I CANNOT delete it from my computer. HELP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users