Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am infected what can i do?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LizaP

LizaP

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:09 AM

Hi,

I'm Liza. I'm new to the site and i have been infected.

I was downloading something and when it finished a 'Windows Security' popped up telling me that i was infected and that it could fix the problem by clicking.

I did not open the prompt but call a friend who knows about computers. He said it was good that i did not open that as it was most likely another virus.

It was recommend to me by my friend to use Combofix, Malwarebytes, and Asquared. I installed all three and used all three and ran all three. According to all the scans i was pretty infected. I don't know if i still am.

It's Midnight where I am and and I cannot stay awake for another round of scans (I have been at the scans since about 5pm, and the scans ended a few minutes ago)

I have a removable drive currently attached and i need to be sure the drive is not also infected.

Any help would be appreciated, even if it is to redirect me to another place.

Thank You everyone!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:08 AM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.

With that said, How is your computer running now? Are there any more reports/alerts, signs of infection or issues with your browser?

I have a removable drive currently attached and i need to be sure the drive is not also infected

You can also download and scan with:
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Be sure to print out the instructions provided on the same page. For usb flash drives and/or other removable drives to scan, perform a Full scan.
  • Norman Malware Cleaner. Be sure to print out the instructions provided on the same page. For usb flash drives and/or other removable drives to scan, use the Add button to browse to the drives location, click on the drive to highlight and choose Ok.
  • Dr.Web CureIt. Choose Custom Scan after the Express Scan has finished to add your usb drive to the scan.
Protective measures for USB and external drives:
Panda USB Vaccine. Computer Vaccination will prevent any AutoRun file from running, regardless of whether the removable device is infected or not. USB Vaccination disables the autorun file so it cannot be read, modified or replaced and creates an AUTORUN_.INF as protection against malicious code. The Panda Resarch Blog advises that once USB drives have been vaccinated, they cannot be reversed except with a format. If you do this, be sure to back up your data files first or they will be lost during the formatting process.

Autorun Eater which will remove any suspicious 'autorun.inf' files it finds.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 LizaP

LizaP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

Well like i said I used both the malware and the asquared last night and am running the malware again. i think everything is ok though. ..
i had the system turned off last night and when i turned it on today there was a bubbe that said i might be infected. i have think it is the windows security alert that said that. so that was why i was doing the scan again

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

You can also download and scan with:

* Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Be sure to print out the instructions provided on the same page. For usb flash drives and/or other removable drives to scan, perform a Full scan.
* Norman Malware Cleaner. Be sure to print out the instructions provided on the same page. For usb flash drives and/or other removable drives to scan, use the Add button to browse to the drives location, click on the drive to highlight and choose Ok.
* Dr.Web CureIt. Choose Custom Scan after the Express Scan has finished to add your usb drive to the scan.

Each of the above will create logs so you can post the results for my review.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users