Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is happening?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cyricc

cyricc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hello, I hope this is the appropriate forum to ask this question and get some help on it. Lately I have noticed that when my computer is idle, only a few background applications running, my network is busy at work, sending and receiving bytes. The bytes don't come all at once, there seems to be specific pattern to it, 60, 500-700, 1200-2000, then 0, then it repeats, and I will send around 500-600 on the 0's. I have ran a series of tests including, Microsoft Security Essentials, MalwareBytes and SuperAnti Virus, all of these have brought back nothing, my system is clean. I couldn't help to feel that this was not correct though, with my back to the wall I was forced to reformat. Surprisingly after I formatted and reinstalled my OS(Win 7 Pro x64), the network still follows this same pattern! I'm practically pulling out my hair! :thumbsup:

Let me know if I should post some kind of log or what steps I should take.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cyricc

cyricc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Anyone?

#3 cyricc

cyricc