Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard/USB problem.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scream It Last

Scream It Last

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

Well....I had a USB keyboard. Yesterday, the power went out in my building. When I restarted my computer, the keyboard didn't work. I had no time to fx this problem at that moment so I just plugged it into a different port and restarted my computer. It worked fine. Today, when I booted up my computer, the keyboard wasn't working again. I tried plugging it into another USB drive, but it didn't work.

Now, for the sake of explaining the rest, let the port that th keyboard was originally in be called USB1, the port I changed it to yesterday be called USB2, and the one I tried today be called USB3.

Well...USB3 works fr sure, because I connected my mp3 player to it and it read it. USB2 recognized that there was a device, but did not recognize it as an mp3 player. USB1 didn't recognize it at all.

So do I is it a problem with the keyboard, USB or both? (I'm guessing both)

And how can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:25 PM

I would say it is the USB Ports.
Unplug all USB Devices>Go to Device Manager>Expand your USB Controllers>Right Click each one and Remove or Uninstall>Restart Computer and let Windows reload them from the Driver Cache.

#3 Scream It Last

Scream It Last
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

That worked. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users