Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtumonde and possibly other malwares...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ViaSarah

ViaSarah

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hi BC,
Recently, my computer has been infected with Virtumonde again (this is my 2nd time being infected w/ this). I get random pop-ups occasionally when I'm on the internet. So far I scanned my comp w/ spybot and it detected virtumonde. I also tried to scan my computer with my comodo (my anti-virus software that I had for 2 years) and it identified 6 threats; however, I couldn't finish the scan since it lagged half way. My comodo never finishes its scan b.c of the harsh lag which may be why it takes forever to finish. Lastly, I tried to scan my comp w/ malwarebytes software but it wouldn't run b.c some files were missing (idk why...). So I tried to re-install the software but the same problem happened (files were missing). I tried to find similar threads that may help resolve my problem, but most threads involve malwarebytes software which doesn't work for me anymore.

Help would be greatly appreciated and would make my like so much better :thumbsup:.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ViaSarah

ViaSarah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

Update: Comodo has detected 6 threats that seem to be from trojware.win32 and Heur.suspicious. I'm sure comodo quarantined them but I don't know if they're gone. Comodo lags half way through scanning and never finishes. Lastly, whenever I search something on google and click on the web link, it directs me to fatgn4kg.com (a site has a false windows setting and claiming that my comp is in danger and downloads some fraud anti-virus automaticlly). That site downloaded YourPCProtector.exe which I was able to remove (i think). I never click on sties that McAfee siteadvisor flags red or yellow. Please respond back ASAP! My computer is bombarded with pop-ups and possible trojans!

#3 ViaSarah

ViaSarah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

I don't wanna sound inpatient but I've been waiting about a week now. I really need to get this virus/malware fixed on my laptop so I can do my school work. Anyone? :thumbsup:

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hi!

I see that you've posted a log here

I'll take care of it.

If a mod sees this, please close this thread to avoid confusion.

Edited by aommaster, 14 February 2010 - 03:59 PM.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users