Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ABIT Motherboard BIOS Settings/Errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gmcraib

gmcraib

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

I have an ABIT IN9 32XMAX Motherboard.
Recently I flashed the BIOS to V15 in order to replace the CPU for an E8400 as the old BIOS did not support 45nm CPU's.

Now I find that everytime the computer is booted it comes up with a warning saying CPU has changed check settings etc and F1 has to be pressed in order to boot. I've also tried changing the clock speeds and memory link in uGuru in the BIOS but it does not appear to retain these settings once you save and exit. Also if I start uGuru utility in windows it locks up the system.

I clear the CMOS once the BIOS was flashed but I will try again now.

Any other suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gmcraib

gmcraib
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:34 PM

Oh, I should also add that I have tested the CPU with Prime
95 at full load (both cores) for around 17 hours with no errors or warnings.

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:51 PM

The E0 stepping isn't supported.

http://www.abit.com.tw/cpu-support-list/mb...in9-32x-max.htm

What does CPU-Z show for the CPU stepping?

Shot in the dark, is the CMOS battery OK? Does board remember time/date if the PSU is switched off?

EDIT: I never have gotten uGuru to work with any reliability on any Abit mobo.

Edited by dpunisher, 01 February 2010 - 05:07 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 gmcraib

gmcraib
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Oops, maybe I should have gotten a quad core. You know I checked that list before I decided on a CPU!!
Have heard other people running E0 dual cores with this board though and the V14 BIOS is supposed to add support for 45nm cpu. Very strange, but I guess with the demise of abit they wouldn't keep that list updated.

After I reset the CMOS it worked ok and I was able to overclock.
But I think I have a BIOS problem as it won't go very far. No future BIOS release obviously so looks like I may just have to run with what I've got.

Edited by gmcraib, 03 February 2010 - 02:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users