Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 csf1

csf1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:08 AM

My first time posting, you said to ask any question? I'm a self taught PC user. Would someone please explain what the different areas of Task Manager are and where numbers should be? CPU, Memory, Disk, etc. What's the difference between Physical and Kernel Memory? I can make sense of the what the numbers mean on physical memory, but at what ratio are the numbers critical? Thanks for the time and attention.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! csf1
Physical Memory is the actual RAM you have and the Kernel Memory is your pagefile (which is a big file on your hard drive that your computer uses as "virtual memory" when your actualy RAM gets too busy.)

You might want to read this as well:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...n-gb%2Ftask.asp

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users