Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netmeeting doesn't acknowledge people

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cycle

cycle

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:05 PM

I have a user how is trying to use netmeeting. He goes to host a meeing and it shows his name in the meeting field. Other people can go to the address book and see that host person. When they click on the host person their computer says that the host has to achknowledge that user. However, on the host computer it never pops up about the person wanting to get achknowledged.

Can anyone hep?

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

This might not have anything to do with it. Give it a look

Read about the patch in the "Discontinued" paragraph
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_NetMeeting

Patch:
http://support.travelport.com/SGC/GSC/Remo...ndows+Vista.htm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 cycle

cycle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

I should have been more clear he's running windows XP professional not Vista. Netmeeting seems to work as long as he's not hosting the meeting. The only thing not working is that when he host's a meeting, people can see him in the address book. They click on his name and on their computer it says it waiting for him to acknowledge them. But it doesn't come up on his computer that there is an acknowledgment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users