Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notepad2 problem - saving in wrong folder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnnybach

Johnnybach

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

To give a bit of background, I've installed (and been very happy with) Notepad2, twice over the past two years (the reasons - new computers and new hardrives). I've used it almost every day, without any problem, on my website (that's on my 'C' drive - not up online, as yet).

A couple of weeks ago (another new hard drive!) I installed it, yet again, in the same way, as before, using a batch file named 'repl.bat'. Notepad2 runs okay except when I try to save a modified page because, for about 40 pc of the time, it wants to save the page in the 'Temporary Internet folder' and not in the folder it came from.

I then have to work my way back up and down the folders to manually locate where it did come from and this is a great bind and a right pain in the posterior I've tried everything I can think of and searched the Internet for clues but I seem to be the only one with this problem.

I'm beginning to wonder if IE8 could have something to do with it as I've installed it again, having previously replaced it with IE7, on my previous hard drive, because of problems it caused.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Instead of pulling "Page > Edit in Notepad" from within the Internet Explorer, open Notepad2 and then open the file you want to edit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users