Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot download Microsoft Office 07 -- Please Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vnvlp456

vnvlp456

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

I have been trying to download Office 07 from microsoft digital river for the last couple of days. I keep getting this error message on intial download to my desktop. "unable to download x16-18984.exe from wgtot14.digitalriver.com"
Any advise?? Here are facts and what i have done so far:

- it is a new computer w/ windows 07
- called Digital River microsoft and they have no idea what to do - they just offerd to send me a DVD that will take 14 business days
- I have downloaded other files with no problems- Itunes, printer drivers etc..
- tried shutting off firewall w/ Macafee
- tried downloading in safe mode

Any help will be greatly appriciated..

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

Just a suggestion; since Office 2010 is coming, maybe download the Beta of that and use it for now, and then buy it instead when it is released?

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

Have you tried using a different browser? If you use Internet Explorer, try Mozilla Firefox. And vice-versa: if you use Firefox, try IE.

I can't think of any other reason why you shouldn't be able to download this file. It has to be your browser.

If changing browsers doesn't work, do you have another computer you can use to download the file? If you can download it using another computer, you can simply transfer the file using a flash drive, and install it on the new computer.

Do either of these methods resolve your problem? :huh:

Edited by keyboardNinja, 01 February 2010 - 11:31 AM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users