Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lets Start a Creepy Thread!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:36 PM

The speakeasy is full of interesting and sometimes controversial subjects. How about one that will make you say you didn’t want to sleep tonight anyway. I thought with over 330K members I bet there are some pretty interesting stories out there.
Did your grandmother ever come back to use her favorite rocker, even though she has already past on? Ever hear footsteps when no one was there? How about that “haunted” house that everybody laughed about until you actual went there?
Doesn’t have to be a ghost story. Mostly anything unexplained or just plain weird that happened to you or your friends or family. Might be a good chance to stock up on some good campfire stories for the coming season.
I have seen threads like this on much smaller sites that have lasted a couple of years.
Wish I had something to kick it off with but I seem to have lived an unhaunted life. Also no UFO or Bigfoot has come around when I have been watching.
Best Regards
Nawtheasta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Well....this isn't anything to do with ghosts, but it is something weird that has been happening to me my whole adult life......so for anyone wondering about teacup61 you ought to get a kick out of it. :flowers: My mother had a microwave oven and it broke down at some point. When I came to visit I completely forgot about it and put something in to warm up and never thought a thing of it until she asked me how I got it to work. Told her I didn't do anything and went on my way. That microwave worked another 20 years before it finally gave up. Not long after that I was riding in a friend's car, and her A/C didn't work....hadn't worked all summer, she said. I reached over and turned it on....and it worked. And it kept on working. She asked me how I made it work....but all I did was turn it on, just like the microwave. Just about then I realized I was having to reset my watch all the time. It would gain a minute every week or so. Again, I didn't think anything of it until I had to switch watches....and it still happened. Every watch I've owned has to be rest because it gains time. If someone else wears the watch it doesn't happen. :thumbsup: So then I came back to my folks' for a visit and ended up going somewhere in their old work truck. I had the radio playing when I got back and they asked me how I got the radio to work....mom said it quit working a couple of years back. All I did was turn it on and it worked....promise. That truck has over 400,000 miles on it now and the stupid radio still works.

Someone suggested that I just have more electricity in me than other people and it affects things. I have no idea. I don't think I get snapped any worse when I touch metal, or touch someone else after walking on a carpet. What ever it is, it makes things happen often enough to make others notice. Just....wish...it...worked....on....computers!!! :trumpet:
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

Do you make house calls Teacup61? Got some things around here that need your magic touch.

#4 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

If I knew how and why it works I'd make a fortune....but I don't. I could walk in....smack whatever is broken.....charge 69.95....and leave. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

@teacup, By any chance do you get zapped whenever you get out of a car?

#6 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yes....but mostly in the winter when the air is drier, and it is an audible zap....hurts like heck! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Too funny. I get zapped year round. I am really good at burning out touch-sensor lamps also; sort of the opposite of your experience. Never fried out a system when I was building it though.

#8 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Me either....always make sure to stay plenty grounded. :thumbsup: Something else that always gets noticed. My hands are always HOT. Even in the Winter, and even after I wash them in cold water. Not the sweaty, yucky kind of hot either....just beyond warm.....hot.

Posted Image

#9 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

"I thought with over 330K members I bet there are some pretty interesting stories out there." Now I cannot be the only weirdo out of that many people here. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

When I was first with my wife, I woke up one night to see this little old lady at the foot of the bed
When I described her to my wife and her mother they both stared at me strangely
I described, to a T, my wife;s grandmother
Not only have I never seen her, I never heard of her
The dress I described was the one she was buried in 15 years earlier
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

I was lost on campus and a cat appeared. I followed the cat until it disappeared. I looked around and then knew where I was.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#12 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

:flowers:

Maybe because I was born on Halloween? I have had many Para Normal experiences, but this one stands out.

I was engaged to repair a Floor in a house locally, I was a Floor Board Specalist, since retired.

During the Repairs, The Owners gave me the Keys to their empty house. I found that the Pests causing the Problem were infestated in at least 80% of the Floor and asked the Owners to consider a new quote to replace the exact same, using new Boards, that could be made to look like the old ones. They agreed.

I then comenced to remove the Floor boards section by section and replace them as I went. After my first day's work on this new Quote, BTW, my wife was working with me on this Job, I locked up all the Windows and the House and went on my merry way. Next morning we arrived on the Site, (house) and discovered that all the Windows that I had shut and locked were all opened, across the back Section of the house, I just thought that the Owners had done that? After finishing that Day, we went home, but as we got to a certain intersection, just around the corner to the house, my car stalled there and kept doing that on there until we finished the Job. It never stalled anywhere else.

Out of curiousity, next time the Owners came past I asked them if they had came in and opened the back windows? They then told me about "Christine" supposedly a resident Ghost, that used to sit in that area, drinking beer, when she was alive and throwing the empty bottles out the window. They had uncovered heaps of broken Glass in that area and were just about to extend the house over it, almost doubling the size.

Anyway, after the first time, the windows never got opened again, but the car kept stalling, right after I finished the Job, until we turned up to pick up the final Payment for the Job. Then the house was lifted up and other building procedures where in place.

We picked up our Payment and set off as before, got to the intersection and expected the car to stall, It diddn't! and never ever did. I think "Christine" came with us that day, I spoke to the Owners later and she is not there now, even though she had made her presence felt to them for years before.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 02 February 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#13 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

This story has been making news around here for a while:

Books: Oscar the cat knows when death is near at Providence nursing home
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#14 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:31 AM

I have had premonitions before that came true. Yes it was creepy and I don't like to think of it. I think it amounts to an acute instinct and not anything like ESP or anything paranormal.. just an aberration. I really don't want to know. That first time though, I do wonder where that came from.

@teacup.. I have heard of this before. I have a family friend. If she wears a watch it can only be a wind up one, and even that might not work properly. On 2 occasions I have had light bulbs explode over my head. Try picking glass out of your hair it's real fun, and I lost a pie I was baking :thumbsup: And I cannot get out of my car without getting a nasty zap. It is a habit to try to use my elbow to shut the car door.. it happens more in summer though.

My mother told me I take after my grandmother on my father's side. She was pretty psychic, always knew when we needed her. Even though she suffered from gephyrophobia ( fear of bridges ) and you could not get to our house from her house without crossing a bridge, she would come to us. I don't know how true that might be but I think it amounts to deep instincts and intuition more that anything else. I am very sensitive and intuitive. I am guided by my senses and tend to go with feelings and let them lead me. I am working on this LOL

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#15 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

"I am guided by my senses and tend to go with feelings and let them lead me. I am working on this LOL" I have to work on it too.....poor Grinler. :thumbsup: After having 6 kids and that mom instinct, it's a very hard habit to break. It tends to spill over into all aspects of life....and sometimes it gets me in trouble.

My watches are all battery ones, but not digital. I don't think I've tried a wind up watch. Not since I had my Mickey Mouse watch when I was a little girl. :flowers: Might be worth trying just to see.

As for the rest....could it really be something to do with the amount of electricity in a body? It's not something I dwell on, but your light bulbs....my appliances and things.....it all happens often enough that you have to wonder about an answer. I don't consider it supernatural like garmanma or Abacus 7's stories, and feel there is a scientific explanation out there somewhere.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users