Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Computer won't fully boot up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kwelch10377

kwelch10377

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

The other day I started getting that popup that looks like windows popup saying that my compute was at risk. I tried to run Malwarebytes as that has fixed the issue in the past. Well this time I couldn't get it to open. I ran a full McAfee scan to see if that would fix the issue. Well it ran and found 3 things and tld me in order to remove one of them which said it was a trojan and that I had to restart my computer. Well I restarted it and it started to boot up and got to the point where it would start to populate the icons and then went to the login screen. I clicked on my icon to login (which is the only login) and it started to boot again and then did the same thing. I then tried to start the computer in Safe Mode and everytime I do that it comes up saying that there was an error trying to boot up in Safe Mode.

Does anyone have any idea what this is or how it can be fixed????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Worth a look, Logon, Logoff Loop - http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fi...onlog-off-loop/

And...No Safe Mode - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286139/no-safe-mode/ , see comments by Budapest re Safebootkeyrepair.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users