Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NT System Authority/Google Redirect/CD Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 abelopan

abelopan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

I have been having three problems lately, which may or may not be related, but all three issues started at or around the same time.

1. NT System\Authority has been automatically shutting down my system. It will typically occur a few minutes after startup.

2. The CD/DVD drive is no longer reading discs.

3. When I click on links from a Google search, I will often be re-directed to a site other than the actual link.

I first encountered the CD/DVD drive issue, and the NT System\Authority issue happened right after, then I noticed the Google re-direct issue.

To date I've tried a System Restore to the earliest date that was available before the issue started, and I have run several Malwarebyte scans. The first scan found and removed some items, but since then I've run subsequent scans that have not found anything.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users