Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot boot from disk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 curapa

curapa

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

I am trying to run Dariks Boot and Nuke. I have used the disk in another computer and it is burned correctly.

I am trying to wipe my hp pavilion a305w. The disk drive is in working order as I can use it once started up. I have changed the boot order to boot cd-rom first. I have attempted to disable the hard drive in boot order but I cannot get the value to change.

Any suggestions as to why it will not boot from disk?

Thanks.
Curt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

Is the session on the disk closed?
When windows runs, it has drivers running that allow you access to open session disks.
That is not the case before windows drivers load.
Also, the disk has to be burned as a BOOTABLE disk for it to load the program's menu at bootup.
Whatever burning program you used, you should have choosen "make this disk bootable".
Using windows default burning software you can create a bootable disk, then add the files of your program to it.

Good luck!!

Edited by MrBruce1959, 31 January 2010 - 03:35 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 curapa

curapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

I do not believe there is a problem with the disk as I have previously used it on another computer. I can put it in this computer and it will boot from the disk.

#4 curapa

curapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

I figured out my disk drive was malfunctioning occasionally, I put a different disk drive in and it worked fine.

Thanks again,
Curt

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,243 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Appreciate the feedback, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users