Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ran ATF-Cleaner and Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bailey1

bailey1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Boopme? Anyone

I had run mbam two days ago and removed over a hundred infections. Any feedback? Betty

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3659
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

1/31/2010 2:55:45 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-31 (14-55-45).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 129268
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 27 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

Is that the log from two days ago? How is your computer running now? Are there any more reports/alerts, signs of infection or issues with your browser?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 bailey1

bailey1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

No, I ran the scan 2 days prior and removed over a hundred infections. The one I attached was a result of a scan I did just prior to this message. Betty

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:37 AM

That's a clean log but without seeing the older one and what was removed at that time its difficult to determine what you were dealing with.

How is your computer running now? Are there any more reports/alerts, signs of infection or issues with your browser?

#5 bailey1

bailey1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Still having same issue with redirect. Malwarenytes and avg didnt help. I dont know how to straighten this out. Does comboFix these kind of problems? Betty

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:37 AM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.zip) save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page for performing a scan.
  • Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop. (click here if you're not sure how to do this. Vista users refer to these instructions.)
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool.
  • If malicious services or files have been detected, the utility will prompt to reboot the computer in order to complete the disinfection procedure. Please reboot when prompted.
  • After reboot, the driver will delete malicious registry keys and files as well as remove itself from the services list.
Please download the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool save to your Desktop.
Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in How to use Kaspersky virus removal tool.
  • Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_7.0.0.290_24.06.2009_12-58.exe) to install the utility.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • Click Next to continue.
  • It will install by default to your desktop folder. Click Next.
  • Click Ok at the prompt for scanning in Safe Mode if you booted into safe mode.
  • A box will open with a tab that says Automatic scan.
  • Under Automatic scan make sure these are checked.
  • System Memory
  • Startup Objects
  • Disk Boot Sectors
  • My Computer
  • Any other drives (except CD-ROM drives)
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • If malware is detected, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
  • In the window that opens, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
  • In the Scan window click the Reports button, name the report AVPT.txt and select Save to file.
  • This tool should uninstall when you close it so please save the report log before closing.
  • When done, close the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool.
  • You will be prompted if you want to uninstall the program. Click Yes.
  • You will then be prompted that to complete the uninstallation, the computer must be restarted. Select Yes to restart the system.
  • Copy and paste only the first part of the report (Detected) in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
-- If you cannot run the Kaspersky AVP Removal Tool in normal mode, then try using it in "safe mode".

Edited by quietman7, 03 February 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#7 bailey1

bailey1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

I ran the TDSS renoval tool. Then I ran the Kaspersky removal tool. Kaspersky did not present a screen asking me to remove anything, so I assume I didnt run it right. I did shut down/restart my computer tho' and the redirect problem is gone, thank you. Betty

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:24 AM

You're welcome.

If there are no more problems or signs of infection, you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Posted Image > Run... and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista and Windows 7 users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point in Vista or Windows 7 and Disk Cleanup in Vista.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users