Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 NVidia GeForce FX5200 problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ElementDO

ElementDO

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

Hey guys I just installed the Nvidia GeForce FX5200 on my new desktop. I don't want the graphics being used from the motherboard so I used my old graphics card from my old XP desktop. I looked on nvidias site for a driver for windows 7 and nothing came up for 7. Just vista 64 bit is the newest one. It is a PCI card and I already knocked the slot out for PCI. Its still in the comp but is not recognized or even working. Is their something else I have to do? Like disable the onboard card before I try the new one? Or, is it simply not windows 7 compatible?

If its not then what kind of PCI card would you all recommend for windows 7? I hardly ever do gaming. I just didn't want to use the one on the motherboard. My comp is a HP P6310f.

Thanks in advance........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jkasten

jkasten

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

Why do you not want to use the on-board video card on the motherboard if you don't don't do gaming? I Googled the model number and it shows you have a nVidia GeForce 9100 as an on-board graphics. This video card is faster then the old fx5200. Is something not running well with the on-board video or you looking for more monitor connections?

#3 ElementDO

ElementDO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

I really just wanted an HDMI connection.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

I have an old FX5200 card that just sits and gathers dust here.

Would it not be slightly smarter...to just buy the appropriate connecting device and use the features of the more current, more powerful, better video chip?

Louis

#5 ElementDO

ElementDO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

Do you mean VGA to HDMI cable Louis? Sorry Im kind of a noob to computers here. I been reading up on the site for info. I know you guys hate replying to posts of people like me lol.

I appreciate the replies. I guess I'll throw the FX5200 card up on fleabay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users