Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:20 PM

wen people post a hjt log wut is it in the log thAT tells you if they hvae malware?
im just wondering
u guys r too smart for me lol
im mainly asking this because im about to post a hjt log in a few days
i just hope the removal directions arent too difficult for me to understand lol as you can tell by name im not very computer savy
i just like to play games not actually work the computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

HJT is a tool used to locate "problems".
Different entries in the log, point to different problems.
That's why the training our Team members go through, is so necessary. so they can tell if the entry belongs there, or not.
Then, depending on the problem, they will use different tools to help with it's removal.

Don't worry about posting a log.
The Team member, that helps you out, will walk you through the "fix", step by step.
If there's something you don't understand, just ask for an explaination.
They'll try to help you any way they can.
You couldn't be in better hands.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 im_no_good_with_computers

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

i just wanna say ty very much you guys have always been there to save my butt lol im just a 15 yearold kid trying to stay out of trouble lol
(a really dumb kid at that) :thumbsup:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

You are not so dumb that you cannot ask some good questions, and the question you asked was good.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 30 August 2005 - 08:54 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:55 PM

i have used this link click here as one of my tools when trying to learn how BC helped me.

but i still leave the "fix" option to the pros at BC.

Edited by igonuts2, 30 August 2005 - 01:40 AM.

Why work when you can play!

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:33 AM

As igonuts2 said, you should leave the "fixing" to the pros.
You should not try to fix anything with HJT, unless you have been properly trained in it's use.
The removal of these "problems" is sometimes much more involved, than just having HJT fix it.
The improper use of HJT could also cause damage to your system.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 im_no_good_with_computers

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

ok so you guys are saying that after i scan with hjt that i shouldt click on the fix button but just copy the log and paste in the hjt log forum?

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:21 AM

No, don't fix anything unless a HiJack member tells you to. Go here and click new topic. Copy and paste you log there.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#9 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:29 AM

In so many words, yes. Unless you have a very good understanding of what is going on, just clicking the fix button MAY land you in a lot of problems. This applies to many other kinds of utilities as well, especially those that make registry changes.
Since you admit your interest in computing is mainly in gaming (and there is nothing wrong with that), getting some help in removing malware from your hard drive seems like a good idea.

You will need to d/l, install and then update both Ad-AwareSE and Spybot Search and Destroy; these are trusted applications that will identify and safely remove many kinds of spyware. If you are lucky, these two programmes will remove whatever you have, and your posting a log will then confirm that you are adware-free.

Be sure to read the explaination of how to post a log and the process that our team uses:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s-Log-t956.html

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 30 August 2005 - 11:30 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#10 im_no_good_with_computers

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:05 PM

ok ya i have both of those programs plus spy sweepr and i think that they are both updated seeing as how the little window that says there are updates hasnt come up plus i just updated spybot a few days ago
so ya ill scan with all three of those programs and send u a log from hjt
i havent done it yet b/c im in ny (i live in va)
and im not on my infected comp so ya ty
im qouting john from a previous reply "Since you admit your interest in computing is mainly in gaming"
lol it was gaming that got me into this mess with malware to begin with lol
well cant wait to send my log ty for all your help if i had a credit card and a paypal account id give you a billoion dollars :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users