Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Website pop ups want to make sure computer isnt infected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bullynj

bullynj

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

About a week ago a computer that is on my network at work was infected horribly with spyware, we disconnected it from the network but I dont know if it was to late.

I connect with my laptop when I go to the office, and today was on twitter and viewing a image, and a box popped up that said your computer is infected, run a scan to find out how to clean, and the domain was something like smart-pc-scanner9.com - It kept saying infected, so I closed the x out and didnt do anything with it and am running all kinds of scans on my computer, but the problem is - I dont know if my computer is infected, the msgs that were coming up and the domain is the same as the one that was infected on our network, since my laptop is not old and i do a ton of work on it I need to make sure its okay. What can I do to make sure of this? Here is what Im doing so far:

Running full scan with Avast, nothing found so far

Running full scan with malwarebytes, no infections so far

Running windows defender, no infections.

I have a feeling something is there and my software isnt catching it - please advise what to do next. I found the domain on a malware url site that said its a infectious site that will infect your computer immediately.

Please help me!

I have windows vista
HP dv6-1245dx

Edited by bullynj, 31 January 2010 - 08:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pk3510

pk3510

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

I'm having the same problem, I feel there is still something hiding but all of my scans come up clean... can anyone help us out? Thanks!

#3 bullynj

bullynj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

I'm having the same problem, I feel there is still something hiding but all of my scans come up clean... can anyone help us out? Thanks!

it happened again it would be really great if someone would respond to this message

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users