Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Myriad of viruses??!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hollyberryness

hollyberryness

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

Alright. My friend apparently went to a "Sailor Moon" site and I'm pretty sure she clicked one of those pop up ads that said her comp was infected, so she said "yes" to cleaning it... And as of tonight she could not get back online without a thousand pop ups, let alone on line at all. So I took her laptop (dell inspiron 1520 running vista) hoping i could fix it. I installed webroot spy sweeper which did nothing. i can't get online wireless or wired, safe mode or not (safe mode with or without networking).

Even though I'm "connected" to our secure network, there's no actual connection. In fact, most of the time when I try to do anything especially in "notmal" mode, I get lots of Windows Security Alerts, and lots of ***.exe alerts (one is rundll32.exe, the others i've googled on my own Mac & found they are all system files, can't remember the exact names right now.)

If I do anything i "normal" mode explorer.exe seems to freeze, ie I can't do anything with the task bar or start button, etc.

Since I can't get online, submitting a hijack this or downloading anything is not an option right now. suggestions are VERY much appreciated?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users