To uninstall ComboFix, press the WINKEY + R
keys on your keyboard or go to
and in the Open dialog box, type:ComboFix /Uninstall
- Press OK.
- Doing this will:[list]
- Delete ComboFix's related folders and files.
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions.
- Hide System/Hidden files.
- Clear the System Restore cache to prevent possible reinfection.
- Create a new Restore point.
users, users can refer to these instructions: How to Enable Run Command in Vista
Then download OTC
by OldTimer and save to your Desktop.
-- Doing this is a double-check to ensure related files, other specialized tools (including this tool) previously downloaded and used are removed.
- Connect to the Internet and double-click on OTC.exe to start the program.
- Click on the green CleanUp! button.
- If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTC attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
- When it has finished, OTC will ask you to reboot so it can remove itself.
Also note the message text in blue
at the top of this forum. No one should be using ComboFix
unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here
Edited by quietman7, 31 January 2010 - 10:21 AM.