Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb thumb drives

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnny666

johnny666

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hi, this is johnny666, just joined bc, i got lucky and the drwaing for SWP2009, now i have figure how to remove it.
I have tried to go into safe mode, i have downloaded malwarebytes,antispyware, on this pc i have (2)gb usb drive
that i got from samsung to correct sound problems on my hdtv, but it appears there is nothing on it,so can i reformatt
it and download malwarebytes on it and try remove SWP2009 from my infected pc.
I have looked on several sites on how to do this and so far all i have is when insert it into usb port i should be able to
double click it and i should get formatt message which i do not get,could it be that since usb drive came from samsung
that they set it up so it was only capable to do one that is upgrade my sould system,also when i go into task manager it
shows 100% useage and i get of the nice popups that come with it,thank's

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:10 AM

Hi, try steps 1 thru 7 here. How to Format a Flash Drive
I'd use NTFS in step 6
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 johnny666

johnny666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hi,johnny666 here, went my computor but there was no ie,went to one other site by rachille williams may have usb formatted,but now have to find out how
to put malwarebytes on usb drive which should not be too hard you just need to know what the proccess is and if i understand what need to do is insert usb into
bad pc and download it to pc, hopefully it will download as i can not get into safemode yet,i ran malwarebytes on another pc took 3hrs to finish,thank's
Hi,iam back found what you talking about misunderstood what you were saying as to where to go,now just have to figure out how transfer malwarebytes to usb,thank's

Edited by johnny666, 31 January 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hi Johnny, i am moving this to the Am I Infected forum as we will most likely be removing infections.

If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.
Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users