Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser redirect virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flowermonster

flowermonster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

Hi, my computer kept redirecting to monstermarketplace.com whenever i tried to google or go into any other website.
Pleaseee helpp... I have an assignment due tomorrow and I am using my flatmate's computer to post this..

howw?? pls advise..

Edited by garmanma, 31 January 2010 - 11:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:41 AM

In the interests of expediency....I suggest that you do two things:

a. Edit your oriiginal post and remove the HJT log data.

b. Open IE, go to Tools/Manage Add-ons...disable/remove all toolbars. Then try browsing. You can add/enable the toolbars back one at a time, testing IE after each...to see if that is the problem.

FWIW: Browser redirects...are not necessarily an indication of a virus. The website you mentioned has a clean bill of health, http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/monsterma...ce.com/summary/.

Users who install toolbars don't seem to realize that many of these change default search and other functions routinely...when installed.

So try what I suggested first...if that fails then we will consider the possibility of malware.

It should be noted that our malware forums are somewhat backlogged and overworked due to the volume of users who allow their systems to become infected. Rather than put you in that line, let's try a simple approach first.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users