Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Issues/Error Messages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lesnevs

Lesnevs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

I know I should only address one issue at a time, but I don't know if the issues are related. A little history first: About a week ago I removed (with help from your site) Internet Security 2010 using rkill & Malwarebytes. The system was fine for about a day, then my current issues popped up. The past 3 days of Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D scans have revealed no threats. The last MB scan I ran was on 1/30 @ 9:45pm in safe-mode because I couldn't stop the computer from restarting long enough to run a scan. I always check for updates prior to running any scans. I also was using avg free, but it was finding nothing wrong when MB & Spybot were finding threats. I'm running Windows XP Home w/ SP3.

Primary Problem: Every day I get a message regarding NT Authority/System. It says DCOM Server Process Launcher has terminated unexpectedly. It gives me 60 second to save all my work and then it reboots the system. This occurs often, with 5 to 30 minutes between restarts. This and the secondary problem do not occur in safe-mode, only in regular mode.

Secondary Problem: Every time I turn on my computer I get a notice: Data Execution Prevention, Windows has closed Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. I'm given an option on closing the message which brings up the "Send Error Report to Microsoft" window which I usually don't send. Most of the time the Data Execution window pops right back up & often will not go away. I've been working around the notice, but know that's not the best thing to do.

Tertiary Problem: I'm also having issues with Google links being misdirected. This was occuring while I was removing Internet Security 2010 & is still occuring, but I can usually use a search result link successfully the first time but anything after that I get random misdirects.

Please let me know if I need to post one of these problems in another area or in it's own topic. I figured I'd give the whole picture of what's going on so that you could advise me further. Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users