Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need Help Please ASAP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snake3101

snake3101

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

I really dont know what happened but im getting this error! I try to load up xp disk and I get a Blue screen 0x0000007E(0x000005,0xF748E0BF,0xF78DA208,0xF7D9F08)

Please Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

Can you boot into safe mode?

If so, then try last known good configuration.

System manufacturer and model?

Per http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, 7E errors:

"There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information."

Louis

#3 snake3101

snake3101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

nope I think its the HD its a 160 maxtor but maxtor have a bad rap for crashing out of no where Ive tried F8 and nothing

Edited by snake3101, 30 January 2010 - 10:34 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:28 AM

If you think it's the hard drive...you should run a hard drive diagnostic to determine whether the drive has problems.

Download, install and run...Seatools for DOS...from http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?loca...000dd04090aRCRD.

If a long diagnostic and a short test are offered...choose the long test.

You may want to move any data files from the hard drive in question...to another system or different media before running the diagnostic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users