Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Pointer Slows Down Games!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lucidion

Lucidion

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Ok, I've tried searching elsewhere for answers but I just can't seem to find anything that suits my personal situation..

Picture this.. I play a Browser-Based MMO with a 3D GUI called Earth Eternal Online (It plays similar to WoW).. For some reason, during gameplay, whenever my mouse pointer is displayed, the FPS runs really slow and the graphics appear choppy.. Now when I right click the screen to navigate my character, the mouse pointer disappears and the game runs as smooth as if I was playing something extremely low-end.. Like it should..

I have tried rolling back my graphics driver, but I realized that there is nothing I have to roll back to as I have not updated my gfx card (There are no updates for it right now).. I've also tried navigating the mouse configurations to see if there's anything wrong there.. And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.. As well, I had my laptop set up to clone the screen with a larger monitor.. I tried just using one of the monitors instead of both, and that didn't work either..

I'm pretty much at a loss of what to do.. It does it on several games that are not browser based as well.. I implore someone to please give me an alternative solution and I thank you in advance..

System Specifications:

Acer AspireOne ZG5
Windows XP SP3
1.6Ghz Intel Atom processor
160Gb HDD
1024Mb RAM
Intel GMA x3100

Any other specs can be given upon request.. I appreciate your time and patience with my plight!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users