Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

itunes, Quicktime, I give up!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: Ipod vs. Other (0 member(s) have cast votes)

To sync my ipod I use:

1. Itunes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Mediamonkey (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Winamp (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Songbird (0 votes [0.00%])

5. other (please post which as recommended) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Taifallos

Taifallos

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hey there everyone,

I've searched and searched and so far can not find any way to get my itunes and quicktime to run without shutting down on startup.

Long explanation:
itunes was working all well and fine, syncing with ipod and all, but that was aprox 6months ago that is, until I updated it. At first after the update it was simply nonresponsive, so I reinstalled/repaired. Then it would open but if I clicked anything or tried to listen to any music it would freeze and I was forced to use task manager to close it down. I tried the repair option through windows installer again but this did no good. So I eventually switched to using mediamonkey for all my ipod needs until my ipod decided to stop syncing with that program. I went back to itunes and tried winrar/extracted files separately and tried installing without quicktime, or just using the mobile device option to at least get a mounting option. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing and nothing works. (even at the advice of uninstalling in that order http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925)

- I finally realized like two days ago that Quicktime is not working (video player and picture viewer works but nothing else), so I began thinking maybe since itunes needs quicktime to run and quicktime isn't working, maybe that's why it won't work, so I tried separate install for quicktime, also quicktime alternative, but nothing!
itunes message recieved on startup after a large white block of unloadable program appears on screen:
"itunes has stopped working, windows is searching for a solution to the problem..."

If ANYONE, has any suggestions, even if you think doing things in some strange order with a rain dance and sacrificial coconuts would help, I'm willing to try anything! *will reward with cheesecake*

ps- if anyone knows of any programs that inturrupt/clash with itunes/quicktime I'd also be interested in knowing

Yeah I have an interociter. Don't you? I've been using mine to make hot chocolate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users