Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer infected with Win32/Cryptor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Deloandfonz

Deloandfonz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi there!

While on my computer yesterday, I kept getting an alert that my Windows firewall was turned off. I turned it back on and it repeatedly turned back off. The computer slowed way down and I was having a hard getting it to do anything. I ran AVG, this morning, and it showed I was infected with Win32/Cryptor and a malware (Monte Cristo\Gamespy). AVG was able to get rid of everything but 4 pieces of the Win32/Cryptor and the malware. I'm not sure what to do next. The four items AVG couldn't fix were the following:

system(4):\memory_045e0000
system(4):\memory_045b0000
system(4):\memory_04560000
system(4)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I haven't fixed a virus in years, though, so I probably don't have many of the scanning or cleaning programs on my computer.

Thank you!

Deloris

ps I use an HP Pavilion a320n desktop with Windows XP

Edited by Deloandfonz, 30 January 2010 - 03:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users