Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless USB adapter Acting Up...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 babicz

babicz

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

I just bought a wireless usb adapter for the desktop (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833130066&Tpk=33-130-066). It's a Zonet ZEW2546. I installed the driver no problem using the disc it came with, a then installed the software a was on the internet in no time. However, looking down at the icon, I was receiving excellent signal strength with 24-36 Mb/s, and was picking up 3 other signals with 100% strength. Now, my laptop is 4 years old and gets 54 mb/s no problem. I then updated the driver using windows update, and the speed is now 54 Mb/s with a very good signal strength, with my only own signal being picked up.
Should I be worried that it's not picking any signals up? That the signal strength went down?

Thanks

Edited by babicz, 30 January 2010 - 02:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

Nope I wouldn't worry.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 babicz

babicz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

Why not? If you don't mind explaining...

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

Why worry about it? It works for you and where you live, when it doesn't then worry. Are you unhappy with the speed? Does it bother you that all the bars aren't lit? Try using Windows Zero Config see if it makes it better. Otherwise you are worrying for no reason.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users