Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dekstop can't operate normally

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ezooone

ezooone

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

I don't know whether this problem is in internal or external hardware..well..it is about my old computer..it cannot start normally as usual..sometimes when I want to turn on my desktop..the fan will running only half way and then the computer won't start at all..I have to switch off my plug several times to make the computer to operate normally..can anyone help me? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the fan will running half way"

Does this mean you start the computer up and the fan spins breifly and then stops?
Which fan are you refering to, the processor cooling fan or the power supply cooling fan?
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'm sorry because I didn't mentioned what kind of fan..hehe..it was the processor colling fan.. :thumbsup:

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

It may be failing power supply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

It may be failing power supply.

Your probably right on that.
But Im still confused as to whether its a case of the processor fan failing to keep the processor cool so the PC shuts down, or the power supply fails.

The discription is not clear enough to solve this problem effectively.

Altough resetting the power supply by removing the power plug, could mean a failing voltage regulator, or an over heated one.

As for a fan that stops abruptely, try cleaning the area around all fans with compressed air, making sure the fans do not spin during this process, as this can cause the fan to create a voltage going back into the motherboards power circuits.
Be carefull when cleaning power supply fans, as the componants inside can hold a lethal voltage, even when the power plug is not plugged in.
Blowing dust out of the power supply unit will help a lot as well.

Good luck to you.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I want to clean the fan yesterday but the fan does not dirty at all..even the fan at the power supply..I think it because of the power supply.. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users