Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search result redirector malware, ScvHost.exe faults , DCOM shutdown errors.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nova5

Nova5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

As this system is my real estate agent's I need to get it repaired quickly.

Gmer mentioned Suspicious modification of Atapi.sys. Had it kill the file, system rebooted but Dcom still wigs out.
Malware bytes found around 40 some nasties that I had it remove, It still suffers a random DCOM error. I am unable to pin down any specific time after boot the DCOM error occurs. I also have Svchost.exe general faults.

-Q's-

Having not fought Rookits before: Is it safe to hook the infected drive into a different system that has fully updated AV (AVG9) and Malware (Malwarebytes) detection on it?

I plan to back up her data, wipe the system with a format and restore the dell image. Would this be certain to eliminate rootkits? A few Virii in the dos days could survive formats.

As the image's partition is hidden, it should be clean. Can't infect what the system itself can't see.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 January 2010 - 08:43 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users